martes, 24 de agosto de 2010

Ashes and Snow

There is something I am sure about, and I can assure you that is true, it’s that all the animals we share with in this earth have the same capacity that we have to feel and communicate, within them and with us. This becomes absolutely clear when you see “Ashes and Snow”.
Ashes and Snow is many things at the same time, is a project, a movie, an exhibition, a book, a nomadic museum turning around the globe. I chose this exhibition for two reasons: i haven’t seen it, and you must know it. What I did see was the movie about it, a short documentary that is part of the exhibition.

I talked about animals and communication because that’s what the exhibition is about: the ilimited possibilities of humans and animals to share, and all the relationships we can establish with them. All that was transformed into immensely beautiful art expressions condensed in this “nomadic museum” as it’s called, that has visited some cities around the world, including Venice, New York, Los Angeles, Mexico City and will soon be in Sao Paulo. This exhibition is the result of many years of travels and works made by Gregory Colbert, an artist and cinematographer, who was pushed by the desire of show what his experience told him about animals and humans together. The result of this is a movie, a book, many shortfilms and lots of photographies showing different kind of relations between humans and animals , especially with elephants.
I have not gone to the exhibition, but just the movie i saw was enough to say this is one of the most magnificent art expressions I’ve ever seen. I really really hope the nomadic museum comes to Chile some day and all of you can enjoy this admirable work made with love and poetry.
I leave you some images of this work for you tu see it and make your own opinion about it.


"In exploring the language and poetic sensibilities shared by all animals, I am working towards rediscovering the common ground that once existed when people lived in harmony with animals. The images depict a world that has no beginning or end, here or there, past or present"
(Gregory Colbert)


"Whales do not sing because they have an answer,
They sing because they have a song"
(Gregory Colbert)

"Ever since my house bourn down I see the moon more clearly"
(Gregory Colbert)

"We and them are the same"

2 comentarios:

  1. I saw this movie to... it was weard, I never thought that I will see that pictures with the music and all of it.

    But it was nice, I will like see it again but alone.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. When I met to my fiance, he show me this video! And I loved.(the video and my fiance, jaja) It have to much peace and wonderfull imagery.

    One hug!

    ResponderEliminar